1) Take it slow…What’s the rush? If it’s the right relationship – it’ll grow and blossom each and every day.
2) Have clear boundaries about what you will and won’t accept. You teach others how to treat you verbally and non-verbally.
3) Don’t lose your identity in an attempt to please you partner
4) Keep your own interests and spend some time apart.
5) Maintain your independence. Always keep your own bank account, friends, hobbies etc
6) Keep your dreams and goals alive.
7) See a relationship as a wonderful bonus, not a necessity in your life.
8) Make time for your relationship. A successful relationship requires effort in the form of affection, quality time, gifts, doing little things for each other and offering positive feedback regularly.
9) Don’t play games. Act like an adult and ask for what you want. Engage in open and honest communication. Clear the air regularly and don’t hold grudges.
10) Make time for fun. Life can become routine and full of chores so it pays to take time out to enjoy leisure time together and try new things.