Try this easy Aaloo Bukhara Chatni recipe, it is also sweet and sour, just mix up all the ingredients given below in the list than follow step by step the method on the right column. Add Powdered food color for nice look.
1 & ½ tsp whole black pepper
• 1-2 pieces of mace(javetri)
• 1 whole nutmeg-break it into pieces (jaiphal,toR lain)
• 10-12 cloves(laung)
• 1 -1½ inches cinammon (daar chini)
• 1 tsp cumin seeds (sabat/safaid zeera)
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 cup full sugar or as desired
• 2 cups prunes (aalo bukharay)
• 2 table spoon white vinegar (white sirka)
• food color
• 1 table spoon or more mixed water melon seeds (charmagaz
Soak prunes over night and mash them and remove some seeds.rinse the seeds in some water and pour that water in the prunes.
Make a muslin cloth pouch or a closed strainer and put spices in it except salt and red chilies.
Cook the prunes in a pot alongwith this cloth pouch/closed strainer with spices; mix it and add 1 cup water.
Cook it until the flavor of all the spices is extracted.
Add sugar, mix and cook on medium heat.
When it gets thick add salt ,chili and food color.
Add mixed water melon seeds.
Now when it gets thick and bubbles start appearing just before closing the flame, add vinegar.
Don’t cook too long after adding vinegar, just for a short while seeve
Prunes of foreign countries are sweet not sour; they cannot be used in biryani or for making sauces. only the prunes from India and Pakistan can be used for these purposes.
Powdered food color are the best available now a days.